About Me

My photo
This blog is about me. The part of me I always hide with a smile. When I smile it is genuine, but so are these struggles and their triumphs.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Quote of the day: Bulletproof.




This quote are lyrics from a song that I recently have attached myself to. The name of the song is called Bulletproof from the amazing artist named La Roux. My bestie, Teresa, was playing this song when she was over studying for finals. It was also a weekend when I was falling apart. I have just ended from a almost 2 year relationship. I know 2 years is not alot for many people that I know, but it was a relationship when I truly believed this BOY was the one. He played me and he played me good. He played everyone including his family and even mine. I was completely devastated, but the moment I got in my truck that night right after stepping from his house, I looked into the mirror and I knew. I knew this was going to be hard, but only as long as I let it be. I also knew, that I was beautiful and how disgusting I looked with running tears caused by a man that truly did not know me and how truly amazing I am. So, when I heard this song my attention immediately caught onto these words:

This time baby, I'll be bulletproof.


The reason why I hold onto these lyrics and the whole song itself so close is because that is exactly what I need to be. Bulletproof. Many would tell you that I am a girl that is too
nice. I never had a problem with that and I still don't. Yet, It has taken me through very tough times where I find myself with nothing after giving everything.

It has been in many accounts where I trust people too easily and find myself telling them everything about me. That was my form of finding closure with people and with myself. In my recent case, I gave my whole self to someone I thought was giving his whole self to me, atleast that is what he said when he placed the promise ring on my finger.

It is very difficult for me to write about this only because I did not think I was ready to. Yet, I surprise myself again.

My whole goal after going through this healing process, again, is to become bulletproof. No one can change me. No one can break me. You can hurt me, lie to me, and even break my heart, but no person and most of all, no man will ever come close to touching my value and self worth. I will, from now on, trust my instinct because once again they have been right the whole time. I am a woman of faith and so much to give to the world, and when the right one comes, my whole heart to give to my husband that I deserve. I deserve that happy fairy tale ending and when it comes, besides the wedding bells, will be the sounds of heart breaks from all the BOYS that let me slip through their fingers. Your loss.






Until next time,
Andreina :]

2 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite songs =]. I really loved that last paragraph on this post, that's exactly the mindset you should be in. Don't let guys get you down, you'll find the right one in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song is just amazing! :] Thanks for your kind words and for discovering my blog. I realize this is all new to me, the emotions I have been feeling to be put down in words, but hearing comments like yours makes everything just a bit more closer to where I am meant to be :]

    ReplyDelete