About Me

My photo
This blog is about me. The part of me I always hide with a smile. When I smile it is genuine, but so are these struggles and their triumphs.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

When life becomes more than you can stand, kneel.

Today, I went shopping with my older sister and my mom. I was having a tough day, but fighting it. It was way easier than I thought it would be. I just gave in to the precious time I was spending with them and actually let myself enjoy it. We walked into this amazing furniture store full of antiques and just random unique items. I was just snooping around when I found this small ceramic plate with sayings on them. I picked one up, the brightest of them all, and it said this: 
When life becomes more than you can stand, kneel.
A huge smile appeared on my face. I know some people would tell me, " You can not rely on signs" but how can you not believe when they are everywhere! I know that there was a reason for me to pick up the brightest ceramic plate and it just so happen to be a phrase that made more sense to me than anything in the past few weeks. Give your whole self to God. If your not religious, give yourself to YOURSELF. Break down, cry, and let it out. One thing I know for sure is to never EVER let it boil inside you. A best friend taught me that, her name is Bree. Back in 2006 , I lost someone very close to me. My neice and she was only 14 years old. I was devastated and completely destroyed. You name it! Physically, emotionally, and most of all religiously. I was so "proud" and stubborn to break down. It was like I was trying to prove myself to everyone that I was invincible, but had no reason to do so. Bree told me, " It's okay to not be strong sometimes." It was that simple, but I have never had anyone tell that to me. That is when I began to heal. I am not saying the pain is completely gone, but I will never let such pain ever define the person that I am. And I am back at that. That pain. Yet, again, I will overcome and am. "Kneel" to yourself and to your faith. "Kneel" down to pray or "Kneel" down to your weaknesses and build them to become stronger, a power that only yourself can control. 

Until next time,
  Andreina :]

No comments:

Post a Comment