About Me

My photo
This blog is about me. The part of me I always hide with a smile. When I smile it is genuine, but so are these struggles and their triumphs.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Quote of the day: Just live.



Today's quote comes from a song, You're Ex-Lover is Dead by Stars. I don't remember who told me about this song, but it is certainly worth a listen! Check them out!

I pulled out my favorite line in that song. "Live through this, and you won't look back."

How many times do you find yourself completely exposed to a situation you never thought you would ever go through? How many times do you find yourself guessing if you are going the right path out of it, or even how to start moving on? Im there. Im in that place in my life where I am constantly asking myself is this the right path? The path to healing. Or when I am finally taking each day to its fullest, I find myself going back to square one after being pulled by the bad memories that I allowed to crowd my mind, emotion, and actions.

Setting yourself goals are easy. They become our aspirations, our inspirations, and our dreams. But, making them is the hardest part, and the most eventful. Constantly jumping from rock to rock, holding your balance to not be pulled back from painful memories, doubts, and fears. Its difficult to carry such pains of the heart every day with you. Yet, not one other person can every take that from you. Sure, there are people in our lives that help ease that pain little by little, but you can control it to make it come back or not. I know, its so much easier to write about it than actually telling yourself that you will be okay, when you deep inside don't really know. You don't know where you will be this day next week or months from now. Where do you think you will be? Actually, where do you WANT to be?

Even though I speak in the perspective from a broken heart, no matter what your struggle may be, pain is pain. Hurt is hurt. Disappointment and fear overlap. So, the journey of living with these makes it harder to do things we love, things that make us who we are. But, you must move forward. Don't over analyze because then you will find yourself blaming yourself. Don't try to justify anything, take it how it is. Yes, It does not make sense. Yes, you do not deserve to go through this. No, I don't know when it will stop hurting or stop being so hard. But, I do know this. Life is worth living for. As much as it seems dark and gloomy right now, you deserve to smile, you deserve to give yourself another chance. Go for it. In the words of Robert Frost, take the road not taken. Rediscover yourself while you discover and make new memories. You deserve it. Then, before you know it, I promise, you won't look back because IT WILL NOT MATTER ANYMORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment